Epoxy Flooring Systems and Coatings
Daily Maintenance of Seamless Flooring and Floor Coatings
- Sweep the floors daily.
- If abrasive particles are present they should be removed by mopping with common household detergents and rinsed completely. Be sure not to use the detergent at a concentration higher than that recommended by the manufacturer of the floor cleaning material. Be sure to test any cleaner that you haven’t used before on a sample of the Seamless Flooring Material or Seamless Floor coating. You may want to be sure to prepare these samples as you are installing the floor so they will be available to you at a later time.
- Promptly remove grease, and other contaminants from the surface of the floor
- Be sure to rinse off all chemical solutions that may attack the surface.
Weekly Maintenance of Seamless Flooring and Floor Coatings
All seamless flooring and floor coatings should be mopped on a regular bases with a neutral soap or detergent, and completely rinsed. Be sure not to use the detergent at a concentration higher than that recommended by the manufacturer of the floor cleaning material.
Be sure to test any cleaner that you haven’t used before on a sample of the Seamless Flooring Material or Seamless Floor coating.
Mop should be rinsed often. Synthetic mops tend to work better on textured surfaces than cotton mops. The water should be changed frequently as well. Smooth floors are easily cleaned this way. It may be necessary to give extra care to areas that are subject to heavy traffic, hard rubber wheels, and steel wheels that leave marks. In these situations you can use the methods used for textured floors for these more difficult to remove contamination.
Textured systems may require the use of a stiff bristled brush or floor scrubber to reach to bottom of the anti-skid texture. Severe problem areas can be treated as follows:
Grease is typically removed by Tri-sodium phosphate (TSP) or other commonly available biodegradable cleaner. Contact Epoxy.comTechnical Support Department with your specific questions.
Removing Dairy Products
Dairy products should be removed immediately as they may cause staining on some types of seamless flooring and seamless floor coating systems.
Tire Marks Removal
Scrub the area(s) with a stiff bristled brush and using the same biodegradable floor cleaner that you are using to mop with.
Stubborn Dirt or Stain Removal
When you are trying to remove stubborn dirt or stains,allow the biodegradable cleaner to set in the area for a little while longer and do the work for you. Then completely rinse to area to remove the cleaner and the dirt.
You should always rinse strong chemicals as quickly as possible completely from the surface. Chemicals allowed to dry on the surface typically become more concentrated as they dry. That may cause the chemical to get concentrated enough to stain or even attack the seamless floor or seamless floor coating.
Waxing and Polishing of Seamless Flooring and Seamless Floor Coatings
Epoxy.com Epoxy and Urethane Seamless Flooring and Seamless Floor Coating Systems are very shinny and so waxing or polishing are not necessary. If a floor is very old, or has seen extremely high traffic this shine may dull. If it does then you can wax or polish the floor with standard commercial products that are designed for that purpose. Better yet, if this happens, you may want to renew or refinish your system – see below.
Renewing and Refinishing Seamless Flooring and Seamless Floor Coating Systems
Epoxy.com Epoxy and Urethane Seamless Flooring and Seamless Floor Coating Systems are designed to withstand heavy traffic and wear. However, if there is enough traffic and/or abuse to cause the system to loose its shine, or show visible signs of wear, you may wish to restore the floor by “re-glazing” it. Before re-glazing a flooring system or coating system you need to do the following:
- Remove all wax, oil, grease and other contaminants from the surface
- Lightly sand to break the shine
- Consult with Epoxy.com Technical Support Department for the proper material to re-glaze you floor. Be sure to follow all directions for installing the re-glazing material.
When in doubt contact Epoxy.com Technical Support at: email@example.com or call us at 352-533-2167. You can also visit our website 24 hours per day at www.epoxy.com