URETHANE COATING/SEALER GLOSS
EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442
EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442 is a two component water- based
aliphatic (non-yellowing) polyurethane. Product #442 is free of the
health and environmental problems normally found in solvent-based
urethanes, while maintaining excellent performance properties. Product
#442 is also available in an ESD formulation which must be applied over
a base coat of Epoxy.com Conductive Epoxy.
EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442 polyurethane provides a gloss finish. Product
#442 has good chemical, stain, and mar resistance. In addition, it’s easy to clean
and has excellent color retention under heavy foot traffic.
EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442 is a high performance coating
for use in a variety of seamless floor and wall coating systems. Product
#442 eliminates the strong solvent odor normally associated with high
performance materials. It’s ideal for topcoats and finishes that require
high abrasion resistance. Typical application areas are clean rooms,
hospitals, pharmaceutical facilities, stained concrete, wood floors, and
as a seal coat for most Epoxy.com floor and wall
- Low VOC
- Low Odor
- Fast Cure
- Excellent Adhesion
- Excellent Abrasion Resistance
- Allow material to rest for 15-20 minutes for viscosity adjustment.
- Application rate is no less than 250-275 square feet per gallon. Thicker films will
show bubbling in the cured film.
EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442 is a polyester resin/aliphatic polyisocyanate.
EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442 is available in clear and pigmented colors. Gloss finish.
ESD formulation available in clear or pigmented.
Surface Preparation is the most critical portion of any successful resinous flooring
system application. All substrates must be properly prepared as outlined in Epoxy.com
Surface Preparation Procedures..
- Mix only that amount of material that can be used in a two hour period. In hot weather,
plan work for the cooler times of the day.
- If using less than full units, proportion the amounts carefully and mix for 2-3
minutes using a low speed drill, scraping the bottom and sides of the mixing vessel.
DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Apply Product #442 polyurethane at a spread rate of 275-300 square feet per gallon
to achieve 2.0-2.5 mils dry. Thicker application may result in bubbling in the cured
- Recoat time is approximately 10 hours at 77°F.
- Keep a wet edge at all times.
- Apply Product #442 ESD at a spread rate of 160 square feet per gallon to achieve
5 mils dry.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Read material safety data sheet before using.
|Mixing Ratio Clear||4 Parts A to 1 Part B by Volume|
|Solids Content Clear||43%, by Volume|
|Volatile Organic Content (VOC)||0.10 pounds/gallon|
|Pot Life||1 ½ – 2 hrs. @ 77°F, 1 Quart45 minutes @ 95°F, 1 Quart|
|Viscosity After 15 Minutes @ 77°F||500-600 cps.|
|Viscosity After 30 Minutes @ 77°F||600 cps.|
Wait 15-20 minutes after mixing to start application. Viscosity will decrease with time.
DO NOT ADD WATER.
|Gloss, 60˚ – Clear||Gloss Finish|
1,000 gm. load,
|45 mg. loss|
|Direct 160 in. lbs.
Reverse 160 in. lbs.
DRY TIME @ 77°F, 50% R.H.
|Dry to Touch||6 hours|
|Light Traffic||16-24 hours|
|Full Cure||4-5 days|
After completing the application of EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442 Urethane Coating/Sealer, the installer should provide the owner with maintenance instructions.
EPOXY.COM PRODUCT #442 is easily cleaned with neutral soaps or detergents.