August 18, 2015
My company has many different products and systems. I often get asked, “What is the best epoxy?” I need details about the
Clear Chemical Resistant Epoxy #15 over Stained concrete
job to answer that question. The best epoxy is the one that is right for the specific job. That is where our company’s motto “The Right Product for the Right Job” came from. This is the driving force of our company and our technical support department. This has been our driving force for 35 years.
Perhaps the real question is, “What is the most versatile epoxy?” That is an easier question to answer. It is Epoxy.com Product #15 – www.epoxy.com/15.aspx. When I was an epoxy installer I always had Product #15 Clear Chemical Resistant Epoxy Resin on my jobsite.
- Clear Chemical Resistant
- Can be applied as thin as 5/1000 inch or less and as thick as 1/32 (without Filler) or more
- Can be applied as an aggregate filled system at a thickness of 12 inches or more.
- Excellent wetting properties
- Good temperature resistance
- Low Viscosity
- Slower than other clear epoxies to oxidize outdoor in direct sunlight
- Strong and durable
- Virtually non-yellowing indoors
- Acid Stain Concrete Floor Sealer
- Base Coving Material for seamless flooring (when mixed with fumed silica and silica sand)
- Clear coating over most porous materials
- Chemical resistant primer
- Chemical resistant mortar when mixed with silica sand
- Chemical resistant top coating
- Clear epoxy sealer for concrete
- Clear epoxy sealer for wood, and other porous materials
- Counter top coating
- Epoxy quartz flooring
- Pothole repair in concrete (when mixed with silica sand)
- Sealing of stone that has been previously epoxied together (aka epoxy-rock, stone carpet etc.)
- Surface sealing concrete cracks and joints (when mixed with fumed silica thickener)
- Use with fiberglass or Kevlar to make strong composite members
- Waterproof wood joint sealer (when mixed with fumed silica thickener)
- Wood bonding as neat material or mixed with fumed silica thickener
- Wood Floor Coating
Product #15 – www.epoxy.com/15.aspx – is a great product to have around for any number of emergency situations. Please address your questions to Epoxy.com Technical Support at 352-533-2167 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Comment » | Chemical Resistance, Chemical Resistant Epoxy, Chemical Resistant Paint, Concrete Repair, Epoxy, epoxy bar top resin, epoxy concrete floor patch, epoxy concrete repair, epoxy education, epoxy rock, epoxy stone, epoxy stone path, epoxy stone resin | Tagged: 0 VOC epoxy, chemical resistant floor, crack sealer, decorative chemical resistant flooring, decorative seamless epoxy flooring, decorative seamless flooring, Epoxy, epoxy chip flooring | Permalink
Posted by Norm Lambert
April 4, 2014
The Right Resin System for the Right Job
We want you to have the “Right Resin Product for the Right Job”, so we are always looking to improve our systems with new epoxy technology and new epoxy resin formulations. Today we are featuring a Methyl Methacrylate MMA not an epoxy. We are not just about epoxy but we want you to have the right resin system for your job.
MMA Concrete Crack Healer and Sealer
684LV – MMA CONCRETE CRACK HEALER and SEALER replaces Epoxy.com Product #685. MMA CONCRETE CRACK SEALER Product #684LV is a 100% reactive ultra-low viscosity methyl methacrylate resin used as a penetrating crack sealer or to fortify extremely porous concrete substrates. MMA CONCRETE CRACK SEALER Product #684LV is typically used on bridge decks, parking structures, and floors or as a general penetrating sealer to prevent moisture intrusion.
One of the major advantages of MMA CONCRETE CRACK SEALER Product #684LV is its very low viscosity. It is about the viscosity (thickness) of diesel fuel, so it soaks into the concrete and down into small cracks quickly. It hardens in about an hour. When it hardens it hardens with a bond strength to clean concrete that is greater than the tensile strength of that concrete. In other words you have just chemically welded the two sides of the crack together, so that it is as if the crack had never happened.
The very fast setting time allows you to install you flooring or sealer system the same day that you repair your crack. At Epoxy.com we are all about systems. Combining the right resin product to create the right system for your job.
Leave a Comment » | adhesive, bonding, Bonding systems, Epoxy, Fast Setting, fast setting, Flexible Decking, Methyl Methacrylate (MMA), MMA, seamless epoxy floor coatings, seamless epoxy flooring system, waterproof, Winter cure, Winter installation | Tagged: crack sealer, Methyl Methacrylate, MMA, MMA super fast, mma super fast cure | Permalink
Posted by Norm Lambert