Requirements for a Chemical Resistant Epoxy or Vinyl Ester
Our Epoxy and Vinyl Ester product lines has extensive uses in Chemical Containment
and Chemical Resistance projects. The kind of product and systems we recommend are
based on a number of factors. First we need to know exactly what you are doing:
- Are you patching concrete that has been damaged already? If so what is the extent
of the damage?
- Do you need a secondary containment coating? If so what kind of traffic (if any)
will this area see? Many of our systems will handle very heavy traffic.
- Are there any cracks that need repairing? If so how many lineal feet of cracks
are there, what is the average depth and what is the average width. Repairing the cracks
is the first step in making your project water and chemical tight.
- Are you looking to grout tile? We have chemically resistant Epoxy Tile Grout that
has excellent chemical resistance.
- Is there any petroleum oil saturated concrete in the area. If so we have a product
for that too.
- Is there any moisture vapor that is being transmitted through the floor? We
have solutions for that so please bring that to our attention when you contact us.
- Is this in an area where Static Disruptive or Conductive materials are needed (typically
only in an explosive environment or where delicate electronics must be protected
from static discharge).
- Total square footage of area requiring Chemical
Resistant Epoxy or Vinyl Ester.
Then we will need to know some specifics about the chemical you are trying to protect
- What is the specific chemical (or chemicals) that you are trying to resist against?
- What is the specific concentration of the chemical (or chemicals)?
- What is the duration of the exposure, before it will be cleaned up (if ever)?
- Is the exposure at an elevated temperature? If so what is that temperature, and
how long will the chemicals be at this elevated temperature
If you have this information when you contact us, we can quickly help you to decide
what chemical resistant system is best and most economical for you.
Here is some additional reading that might interest you.
- Chemical Resistant Epoxy
- Chemical Resistant Clear Epoxy Coating
- Chemical Resistant Pigmented Epoxy Coating
- Chemical Resistant Novolac Tile Grout
- Highly Chemical Resistant Novolac Epoxy
- Highly Chemical
Resistant Novolac Flooring
- Vinyl Ester
For more information contact Epoxy.com Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 352-533-2167.