High Chemical Resistance Epoxy Coating
Introducing highly chemically resistant Novolac epoxy wall coating. Bring your chemical resistance to new heights. Apply this Novolac Epoxy Wall Coating on walls in thicker coats, with less runs. Same great chemical resistant Novolac Epoxy as Product #633, but thicker.
Epoxy.com Product #633W is a 100% solids epoxy novolac coating ideal for harsh chemical and solvent environments. “W” designates High Viscosity formulation for improved film build on vertical surfaces. Epoxy #633W can be used as a seal coat for various Epoxy.com products and systems where extreme chemical resistant performance is required, such as secondary containment, solvent storage, pump pads, trenches, chemical process areas, and other high exposure areas.
Epoxy Novolac Wall Coating is 100% solids, modified amine adduct cured epoxy novolac (novolac epoxy) resin.
- Exhibits excellent resistance to strong acids, alkalis, and most industrial chemicals and solvents.
- Can be applied in occupied facilities.
- Can be applied in cool damp conditions.
- Can be rapidly re-coated in ambient conditions.
Good surface preparation is one of the most important parts of the installation of a high end coating. Be sure to follow our
Surface Preparation Guide before installing this product.
- Review and follow epoxy installation tips
- Properly prepare the substrate.
- Mix small batches of the material with 2 parts “A” and one part “B”, being sure to completely mix for 3 min. Mix only what you can use in half the potlife. Remember the bigger the batch the faster it will setup in your bucket
- Installation methods will vary from job to job. Typical application is by brush and quality roller.
- Contact Epoxy.com Technical Support with any questions that you have.
|Color||See Color Chart|
|Mix Ratio||2A to 1B by Volume|
|Pot Life||20 min @ 75°F|
|Foot Traffic @ 75°F||10-12 hours|
|Recoat #75°:F||4 hours minimum, 16 hours maximum|
|Exposures to Chemicals @ 75°F||5 days|
|Acetic Acid 30%||R|
|Metyl Ethyl Ketone||L|
|Hydrochloric Acid- 36%||R|
|Sodium Hydroxide – 50%||R|
|Sulfuric Acid – 98%||R|
|Nitric Acid 20%||R|
|R = Recommended for Intermittent Immersion
L = Limited recommendation, occasional spills
|Tensile Strength ASTM-D-638||10,400 psi|
|Adhesion to concrete ACI Committee 403||300-440+ psi (100% concrete
|Hardness ASTM-D-2240||86 Shore D|
|Abrasion Resistance ASTM-C-501 (CS-17 Wheel)||30 mg loss|
|Service Temperature MIL-D-3134F||180°F – 325°:F (Dry Heat)|